Effective Date: May 25, 2018
ShopLakes.com (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
Personal Information is any information that can be used to identify, locate or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with your Personal Information, such as your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
We collect this Personal Information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Personal Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and Personal Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide To Us
At http://www.shoplakes.com, we only collect Personal Information directly from you and only when you consent for us to do so. For example, you may give us your contact information via our web forms or you may sign up to receive material about our products and services.
The Personal Information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering for any product or service, posting material or requesting further services or information. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection
technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns,
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include Personal
Information. We may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and
more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website
according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity)
- Tags and Pixels. Pixels are blocks of code that we and our customers may use to track your navigation of websites or apps using our technology, and your browsing behavior. We use pixels to coordinate user information with our customers and other third parties.
Users are responsible for any Personal Information of third parties obtained, published or shared through this Website and confirm that the third party’s consent has been obtained to provide the that Personal Information to us.
Children Under 18
Our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us WVReception@caruso.com.
Methods of processing
Personal Information collected is processed using computers and/or IT enabled tools, and follows organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated.
Access to Personal Information will be limited to supervisory individuals involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties appointed (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies), if necessary, to provide the best possible service to our clients and partners.
Use of your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide services to you as requested, and to respond to requests that you may send us. For example, if you are interested in our services, we may add you to our mailing lists. We may also use your Personal Information to provide you with information on additional goods and services which may be of interest to you.
Your Personal Information is also collected for analytic purposes and to monitor and analyze web traffic which can track User behavior to allow us to improve the services we provide to you.
With your consent We may disclose your Personal Information to our service providers, who will use your Personal Information in accordance with our instructions. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our affiliates and to others where needed to affect the sale or transfer of business assets, to enforce our rights, protect our property, or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed support external auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. For any sensitive Personal Information, We will ask you for you explicit consent before sharing.
In addition, We may disclose Personal Information when required to do so by law, to respond to an enforceable governmental request, or if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of the information is necessary to detect or address fraud, security or technical issues.
The Company does not share or transfer any Personal Data to third countries or to international organizations.
We use Personal Information that we collect about you:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To customize/personalize the experience and content.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration, billing and renewal
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into
between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or
provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your Personal Information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, partners, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Caruso Affiliated assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Caruso Affiliated about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have given prior consent to these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your prior consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any enforceable subpoena, investigative demand, a court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any compulsory government or regulatory request.
- To defend against legal claims
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To aid in a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the Company’s business, a merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. We allow only authorized employees and contractors to access your Personal Information and only for authorized purposes. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings
or security measures contained on the Website.
Personal Information is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by you, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and you can always request that We suspend or remove the data.
Right to Opt Out or Stop Processing
You can always limit the information you provide to the Company. You can also limit the communications that We send to you. To opt-out of emails or to stop the processing of your Personal Information, simply email WVReception@caruso.com. Please note that even if you opt-out of promotional emails, We may still need to contact you with transactional information about your account. For example, even if you opt-out of marketing emails, We may still respond to your specific requests or send you activity confirmations.
You also have the right to access, correct, update or delete your Personal Information. We will undertake efforts to respond to your request without undue delay or not later than 30 days from receipt. If you reside in the EU, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with your appropriate data protection authority about the handling of your Personal Information.
California Civil Code section 1798.83 allows customers who are California residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to the email or postal address listed above. Please allow up to 30 days for a response to such requests.